New Here Looking For Help On An Old Town...i Think

kingandsona

Looking for a bit of information. I bought an old wood and canvas canoe that after looking through tons of pictures and trying to find as much info as possible I think it is an old town HW. I'm hoping you guys can help me fill in some blanks.

It's 16' long 33" wide and 12 3/4" deep. The ribs are 2" and taper to 1.5" it has two seats and two thwarts. I looked for a serial number on both stems but all I can make out is what might be a six or a nine, or someone dropped something round in that spot. The boat does not have diamond bolts for the seats, it has wood plugs over the bolts. I think it's an old town from looking at other pictures but without a serial number I don't know.

I don't know much about older wood and canvas boats but this one looks like a pretty decent restoration start. There is an eye bolt at each end in the deck looks like maybe the boat was used for decoration more than used

Any help with information would be well helpful. I am pretty positive this will be my first wood and canvas boat I paddle in. Thanks Adam from MI

Back