1938 Old Town - new owner (I think)

hollisrover

After looking at craigslist daily for about 2 years, waiting for 'the right one', I think I stumbled on one today. I agreed to buy it and the seller agreed to hold it for me until tomorrow at lunch time. Damn work is getting in the way of my fun!

Anyway, it's a restored 1938. I have no idea what I bought, other than it's been in the water 1x since restoration and the wood is beautiful. Also, the canvas looks great. I have no idea what I am looking at other than to my eyes, it's beautiful.

I will post pics tomorrow I think.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to hide a 17 foot canoe from someone who may or may not be your wife? ;-)

This site might be the most dangerous thing I've ever discovered.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to hide a 17 foot canoe from someone who may or may not be your wife?

Congratulations, I've had good luck with the hiding in plain sight approach. I got a canoe as a Christmas present for my wife one year and she never noticed it in the garage among several others. Our children were more observant but I was able to get them to go along with the surprise. Good luck,

Benson

Sounds like the family room would be appropriate...

The real trick is simply to have so many canoes that she doesn't keep track of them any more.

This site might be the most dangerous thing I've ever discovered. Yup it can be, but stay off the WoodenBoat forums, or soon you'll be encouraged to drag home things that barely fit in the driveway while wearing your rose coloured glasses. Canoes at least can be fit in many places....;)

This is the funniest thread I have ever read! I'll remember this sage advice for future binge canoe purchases. In the meantime I accept that I have a problem with canoes and my life has become unmanageable.

Well, admiting you have a problem is supposed to be half the battle... so be like the rest of us, and just don't do it...

Back