Morris 17' sailing canoe

Sailor Tom

A 92 year old friend of mine has a 1908 Morris lake sailing canoe that has been in his family since 1910. I have not seen it yet, weather and schedule have not permitted me to see it. I hope to see it tomorrow. He is moving to FL and would like to sell. I've been told it has been restored and has good canvas, all of the sailing hardware but no sail. I will post the condition and the boat number if I see it tomorrow. Any suggestions of what to look for and what information would help him sell would be appreciated. The canoe is located in Columbia SC.

Last edited:
Columbia, SC... that could be a fun weekend trip ;) The wife has become rather immune to boats up on the truck rack although when they require duct tape she rolls her eyes. Pictures please if you get some!

Yes! What Sweetwater said! If it's been in the family since new, any paperwork, old photos... any sort of documentation would be of interest and may shed more light on what we think we know. Pictures of the sail-rig would be helpful too, especially if it is from the Morris factory. Does it have a mast seat or a mast thwart? And the serial number of course... Thanks!

Kathy

Back