Lapon DAF SM

dsainspectordon

New Member
Thanks to the members of this forum for the help in identifying this boat. It is indeed a Lapon DAF SM. A sailing / rowing / motor dingy.
I've purchased the frame. The fun part will begin in the spring. A mast, daggerboard, ores, sails, rigging and rudder will have to be fabricated. And a new skin needs to be created. The frame did not come with the old skin.
I'm open to any advice anyone would like to offer. One thing that would be very helpful would be contact with and others that may have had experience with this boat. Thank you all.
1791419717191.png
1791419742192.png
 
Welcome aboard! I've owned a few Folbot kayaks and other folding boats. One was a skin on frame dinghy with a sail rig. Folbot and Klepper built similar boats, you may find help on forums or Facebook Groups for those designs, or on folding boat groups.
I have had success transferring rigs and foils from one boat to another. This means you can use secondhand parts that are more readily available. The area and center of effort of the sail should be close to the original design, but need not be exact. Your position in a small boat can adjust balance of the rig. Good luck, keep us posted.
 
Back
Top