Interview With Kirk Wipper and Ontario Camps Association

WoodNCanvas

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Thought I'd share this video of an interview with Kirk Wipper and the Ontario Camps Association (OCA) by Tom Knowlton, which I got from Kirk’s lovely wife Ann. This was for some background material on Kirk for a speaking engagement I’m helping with….he is one of the speakers at the ORCKA Seminar in April…his talk is Canoe Tripping Across Canada (Rob Stevens is another speaker; his presentation is Wannigans, Reflector Ovens and Knives). But I thought that other people might be interested in seeing it as well. Here then is the video of the interview with Kirk Wipper and the OCA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoHXs_0uivc

Will Rob, or should i call him Bisquick Bob be making a rounded wanigan, or a signature box? :p

No, because pot sets don't conform to a curved surface. Mine are users. But I'd like to borrow one of your fancies just to show off for the presentation.
I will be talking about how and why folks can make their own outdoor gear., with numerous examples on display, though the emphasis will be on the three in the title.

Just spent a couple of hours working on 7 knives and 5 crooked knives, until I blew the switch on my angle grinder and ran out of gas (propane). Off to CT to replenish and put in a few more hours.

I was reading an old WoodenBoat article on Vaillancourt and it mentioned how he, and I'm sure a lot of builders, keep a bunch of knives handy that are sharpened to minimize interruption during a build. Glad you made a bunch so I can steal some as they get dull.....
Is it time to go harvest yet? Snowshoes are by the door.

I was reading an old WoodenBoat article on Vaillancourt and it mentioned how he, and I'm sure a lot of builders, keep a bunch of knives handy that are sharpened to minimize interruption during a build. Glad you made a bunch so I can steal some as they get dull.....
Is it time to go harvest yet? Snowshoes are by the door.

There will be a selection crooked knives to choose from.
If snowshoes are needed, it's too early. Maple sap hasn't even started to flow yet. All in good time forest buddy.

N'est pas Too Early for Snowshoes.
Harvesting?
Is Kirk interested in Rendezvous this year? We could chip in for a camper maybe.
Happy winter.
John

He might be John....it would be great to have him there....he and Ann are away until March 11th....but I'll ask them when they get back

Back