Help pricing old Thompson brothers Indian

Mcizaak

i have an old Thompson brothers Indian wood and canvas canoe. It's an 18 foot torpedo nosed canoe. Has a spot to put a sail. No rip or tears in the canvas. All around in decent shape. The wood could use some stain I suppose. I can add pics if it would help. I have t found any Thompson brothers canoes for sale anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Pictures help a lot...profile of the stems, overhead image of the decks, seats, thwarts, for starters...

There are some Thompsons out there, just maybe not so many for sale. What are you looking to do with it?

Argue-ably, Thompsons (from Wis) are the second most common canoe found (a distant 2ed to Old Town), at least in the midwest. Now if you have a Thompson something from Canada, that's a different story. And Indian's are likely the most common Thompson, at least based on years built.

Dan

image.jpgch]image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 506
I wasn't sure how common thompsons are. I haven't been able to find any for sale and the people I've asked haven't known much.

I plan on selling it. If I don't find any buyers I think I'll use it to tool around the Wisconsin river and fish with it.

Back