Help identifying this canoe, please?

Gale T

My husband and I inherited a wooden canoe from a dear friend. He always said it was a Thompson Brothers canoe; however, we cannot find the obc plate, a hull number, or a serial number. Could this still be a Thompson canoe? If not, any ideas on what it might be, if not a Thompson Brothers?

The canoe is about 15 ½ feet long, and the beam is 34 inches. It is watertight as I know he paddled it in rivers in North Florida. I am attaching several photos.

Our friend was an avid canoeist and lovingly restored this one, even hand caning the seats. Unfortunately, my husband and I don’t have access to places to paddle so, in the near future, we are probably going to sell the canoe. Any ideas on what it might be worth or who would be interested in it? It’s a beautiful canoe and we want it to go to someone who would appreciate it. (We live in the Atlanta area, which i know isn't convenient to most canoeists!) DSC00316.JPGDSC00302.JPGDSC00307.JPGDSC00317.JPG

I see several Thompson's, as the lion's share were built here in Wisconsin. Some were built in Cortland, NY.
Photo 1 and 4 make me think it is Thompson Bros....
The center thwart/yoke is likely not Thompson original.The bow seat hangers are not Thompson, although they could have been changed over the years.

Back