Hello from Mid Wales UK

Noel Eaton

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
Hi there,:)
I,m new to this site and just want to introduce myself ,
my name is Noel , I,m a retired Psychiatric nurse,
I live in a small village in Montgomery Powys , Mid Wales UK
I,ve been canoeing for about a year in a GRP canoe , I bought the bare hull and fit it out in green ash, :eek:
I,ve kind of got the bug now !
I recently bought a cedar and canvas canoe on eBay,
i will be collecting her from Norfolk here in the UK later this week ,
I have no information about the origin or history of this boat ,
So I will be asking lots of stupid questions in the near future I,m sure :confused:
It,s my intention (dependant on condition ) to attempt to restore this canoe at some point so there will be yet more questions of a similar calibre to follow ,:confused:
The only information I have to date Is that the canoe is 14 ft long seems to have alongitudinal line with an arrow head at each end down the length of the hull ,
There seems also to be what we think is a French Canadian flag painted within the arrow head motif,
from that snippet of info does anyone have any ideas of a maker ?
Regards to all and hope to make an electronic aquaintance of many of you in the future
Noel :)

Last edited:
Thank you,kind sir !

Hi there again Woodenkayakguy ,:)
Thanks for directing me to this site ,
And for your impresive technical mastery in posting the link to the photos !
I,m impressed !!
I,m a shame faced technophobe I,m afraid :eek:
Links and photos and such wizardry elude me :eek:
Thanks again for your input :D
regards Noel:)

Got it home !

OK so I just arrived home 10.5 hours and about 500 miles later ,:eek:
My canoe is still strapped to the roof rack on my truck, and will stay there till morning,
Then I can examine my new boat at leasure ,
and take some photos in the hope that some one on here will recognise her and be able to tell me the maker ,model,and the name of the guy who built her ! and such and such !
Or am I being a little optimistic there?:rolleyes:
Why is,nt everyone else as exited about this as I am ?:p
Regards Noel

No harm in being optimistic - lots of people here know lots about canoe builders. And even those who don't know much (like me) do like to see pictures of other people's canoes, especially when located in an exotic locale such as Montgomery, Powys, Mid Wales U.K.

Greetings from cold, wet, grey, wintry, EXOTIC Wales !!

Greg Nolan said:
No harm in being optimistic - lots of people here know lots about canoe builders. And even those who don't know much (like me) do like to see pictures of other people's canoes, especially when located in an exotic locale such as Montgomery, Powys, Mid Wales U.K.

Hi greg,
Strange !! I thought YOU were the one who lives in an "exotic locale":rolleyes:
Pictures to follow as soon as I figure how to do it ?:confused:
regards Noel
:D

pictures...

Once they're in your computer, it's simply a matter of scrolling down to the box below the one you type into and selecting "manage attachments"... and you'll get a browse box... but you'll have to remember where the pictures are located in your computer.

Getting them into your computer involves the magic of a camera capable of accomplishing that feat... or a scanner... or handing the task to any kid these days...

Back