Great Trip

Gary

Canoe Grampa
Hi I wanted to share a photo taken this past week while camping with two of my grandsons in the Adirondacks. We'd just come in from a bit of late evening fishing. The super moon was full and the light caught the two cedar canvas canoes just right. That's my Chestnut on the left and the other is a UFO I restored as a wedding gift for my oldest daughter. Two nice old canoes being used for what they were made for, making memories!

IMG_3518.jpg

Great photo. It looks like a perfect evening for fishing.
I haven't paddled the Adirondacks but have heard from many people that it is a great place. Your photo makes me think, even more, that I should!

pour votre objet flottant non identifié, il ressemble à un st Louis Meramec avec ses ponts comme vous pouvez le voir ici
[URL se dérouler="true"]https://woodencanoemuseum.org/decks[/URL]

très joli avec ses demi côtes, j'étais pêcheur par le passé la dernière fois en 2017 mais j'espère pour le futur, je suis à la retraite maintenant depuis trois ans et je veux vendre ma maison pour une autre pour ça, pêche en mer jardinage et plus de pêche en canoë

cette photo a été prise depuis la terrasse de Gégène , typiquement guinguette près de Paris après une partie de pêche , comme vous pouvez le voir les poissons sont là à heures fixes ce sont des "chevaisnes , meuniers" , ils n'y vont qu'aux heures de repas , pour garder quelques frites
désolé, c'est mon premier canoë, mon alu, mon précieux....

Attachments

• DSC_0294.JPG
    DSC_0294.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 3290.jpg
    3290.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 8
  • guinguette-chez-gegene-1.jpg
    guinguette-chez-gegene-1.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi Dan, Yes you really must try a paddle in the Adirondacks. The scenery is impressive with beautiful mountains (at least for the East they are) and New York State has a first come policy for its campsites and they're free. Being from out of state I was able to purchase a fishing permit for only $10 a day online. All in all a great deal and lots of lakes/rivers/streams to pick from.
This site has some useful info.... https://visitadirondacks.com/camping
Gary

Back