freighter canoe rebuild pics

Hey Bob,
Great build you have going there. What are the dimensions ? Do you know the maker? Please keep posting.
Norm

thanks Norm, she 20' x 56". She came out of Manitoba. I saved the old canvas that had an old Minnesota reg. #'s. A kind fellow at the DNR said that according to those number it was built in 1945 with the maker/builder as "HUDS". I really dont know what that means. It was built well with brass bronze and copper .

Northlands Canoe. Distributed by the Hudson Bay Company throughout the north. Stern seat is usually right aft. Would usually carry a mast partner forward and likes a 15hp kicker.

Northlands Canoe. Distributed by the Hudson Bay Company throughout the north. Stern seat is usually right aft. Would usually carry a mast partner forward and likes a 15hp kicker.

John thanks for the I. D. Do you have experience operating this canoe? How many models of freighters did they make?

I got her flipped over with the help of a buddy and then installed 14 new half ribs that I could not reach and clinch by myself. Shes fighting me a little but as I go but starting to regain shape.

Back