Free canoe

Jimmy D

Curious about Wooden Canoes
I have been contacted by a person with a canoe they no longer want, this canoe will be going to the fire pit if not wanted.

The owner cannot find any ID on but says it is at least 60 yrs old, there is a hole for a sail mast in the bow deck.

Is it OK to post contact info here as it is not for sale? I would hate to see this canoe go up in flames. it has until the end of July before it's life is over.

pictures below

911174762_8z7bd-M.jpg

911174743_bRKrG-M.jpg

911174704_aFp8U-M.jpg

911174727_fMB8n-M.jpg

Is it OK to post contact info here as it is not for sale?

The general policy is to discourage all forms of advertising in these forums, even for free canoes. However, anyone is welcome to advertise a free canoe in the classifieds at http://classifieds.wcha.org/ with full contact information for no charge. Thanks for asking and I hope that you can find a good home for it,

Benson

Last edited:
Add has been placed in classifieds and is awaiting approval.

keep in mind I do not have possesion of the canoe and the contact person is in the classified listing text itself and is located in the Bracebridge Ontario area

Thanks

Add has been placed in classifieds and is awaiting approval.

keep in mind I do not have possesion of the canoe and the contact person is in the classified listing text itself and is located in the Bracebridge Ontario area

Thanks

I have already arranged with the owners to take possession tomorrow or Friday.
Actually, Andre is picking it up as he lives 10 minutes away, but we all know, has too many boats already.

He'll hand it over to me on National Canoe Day at the events in Peterborough run by the Canadian Canoe Museum. How cool is that?!

Rob

Pirates

Careful dealing with that Andre' fellow. Argggh! We all know his pirating tendencies.;)

Rob will be taking possession of two of the coolest bookcases ever created. Much easier to transport that way.
signed,
Baron von Sawzall
aka The Firestarter.

Attachments

• bookcase.jpg
    bookcase.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 308
I have already arranged with the owners to take possession tomorrow or Friday.
Actually, Andre is picking it up as he lives 10 minutes away, but we all know, has too many boats already.

He'll hand it over to me on National Canoe Day at the events in Peterborough run by the Canadian Canoe Museum. How cool is that?!

Rob

Rob that is Excellent news, I wish I could be there in Peterborough on Saturday but I'll be on a 2 week solo trip to Temagami starting Friday

Rob's score

Rob lands himself a very early vertical rib canoe with one piece butternut decks. Glass will come off easily and has stabilized the boat, and all pieces present for patterns. Oooooohhh nice, detail pictures to follow ( if he consents):p

Last edited:
Back