Forum Upgrade to V2.2

I scan latest posts and if there is one I am interested in, I open it.
This takes me to the bottom of that thread.

Okay, Mike, thanks. That's what I suspected you do. When not logged in, if you open a thread in the Latest Posts widget, it will open to the lastest post in the thread. That's the named purpose of that widget. The Admin can't change that.

If you want the thread to open to the first post instead of the last, you will have to first press the blue New Posts button from the homepage. That will take you to a long list of threads, maybe several pages, but the first five threads are the same five threads, in the same order, as the five threads in the Latest Posts widget. If you click on any of the threads in the New Posts list, you will be taken to the first post in each thread, which is what you say you prefer.

For general info, as I've detailed earlier, the New Posts feature will function differently if you are logged in. New Posts threads will then open to the first new post since you last opened that thread. This is likely preferable to most members when threads are very long, perhaps many pages long. On a low traffic site such as this one, where the average thread is only 5.8 posts long, it is certainly easy to keep up to date if you view the site every day even if you don't log in for the customized features.

Reactions: MGC
Back