EM White motor canoe!

chris pearson

Michigan Canoe Nut
This is cool!!! Its going back to Lake Winnipesaukee where it was found. It was Quentin Hausser's.

Attachments

• 101_2560.JPG
    101_2560.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 994
  • 101_2564.JPG
    101_2564.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 769
  • 101_2561.JPG
    101_2561.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 797
Motor canoe

Quinten was a good guy and a great collector. I directed him to this canoe and was fortunate enough to restore it along with several other canoes. Built him some new canoes and sold him some in unrestored condition. He was an important contributor to keeping some of us working in the early years of reviving the wood canoe trade. I never saw his full collection but it must number about 50 canoes. Here is a photo of Quinten loading up a Robertson motor canoe which I assume is also going to Lake Winni.

Attachments

• Robertson-Motor-canoe-jpg.jpg
    Robertson-Motor-canoe-jpg.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 750
Yes Kevin, he has quite a few of your canoes, you did a nice job on the White motor canoe. The motor canoes will reside on Lake Winnipesaukee if at all possible.

Quentin gave a lot of us restoration work over the years, and it is absolutely wonderful that somebody as knowledgeable as Chris is helping his wife sell his canoes and boats. This is truly the spirit that the WCHA embraces. Gil

it is absolutely wonderful that somebody as knowledgeable as Chris is helping his wife sell his canoes and boats. This is truly the spirit that the WCHA embraces

Chris, good for you for getting in there and assisting. Lots of people would have much to say about it after the fact but would'nt step up with the time and travel commitments required to help out. I'm not even sore about you telling me where to put my lowball offers. ;)

Back