Chestnut Re-Frocked!

Nick Dennis

WCHA UK
Having collected all the bits and bobs which I needed at the Assembly, screws, tacks, pins etc , on my return to the UK I set about giving my 1950 Chestnut Playmate a new frock. The original canvas had been leaking for about a year having taken a knock on the shoe keel. So this time the keel was left off.

I don't have a workshop so did all the work over an English summer in the garden under a Coleman event shelter. You can see the whole story here

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?51683-The-De-frocking-of-a-Fair-Maiden

All things considered I am more than happy with the finish and all I have to do is let the paint harden and cure for a couple of weeks and then will relaunch her at the end of the month on the Norfolk Broads.

DSC_8435.jpgDSC_8438.jpgDSC_8439.jpgDSC_8441.jpg

I couldn't wait so with the warm September temperatures which we have had here in the UK, the paint had hardened nicely. On Sunday it was off to Houghton Mill on the Great Ouse and I relaunched her. She had the company of Sam's Chestnut Playmate. A pair of Chestnuts on the Great Ouse was probably a sight never seen before. DSC_8452.jpgDSC_8481.jpgDSC_8484.jpgDSC_8486.jpgDSC_8506.jpg

Back