Carleton & Old Town

WingonWing

Curious about Wooden Canoes
Hello, I have two vessels that I am restoring, one canoe, and one runabout.
The runabout is a 1952 Old Town 15' Lap-Strake that is near complete, and the canoe is an early teens Carleton 16' that I am just beginning to restore.
I would like to know if anyone out here would know where I can obtain two cosmetic items to complete these restorations.
1) Old Town Burgee?
2) Carleton Deck Plate?

Thanks,
Dave

I have an Old Town burgee from that period as shown below which could be used as the basis for a reproduction. The flag is 8.75 inches tall by 16 inches long. The top edge is 16.75 inches and the bottom edge is 16.5 inches. The Old Town logo is silk screened and measures 9 inches wide by 2.5 inches tall. The pole is 27.75 inches high by 1.25 inches maximum diameter. The brass grommets are 0.75 inches outside and 0.25 inches inside. It was originally made by Nelson A. Taylor Co. Inc. in Gloversville, N. Y. Let me know if you need anything else and please send me a picture when it is done.

Howie made some Carleton decals as described and shown at http://forums.wcha.org/showthread.php?10481 here. I have one reproduction nameplate as shown at http://forums.wcha.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5292&d=1215183768 if you want to contact me privately. Original ones show up occasionally but I haven't seen one in a while. Let me know if there is anything else that we can do to help,

Benson

Attachments

• OT-flag-1.jpg
    OT-flag-1.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 263
  • OT-flag-2.jpg
    OT-flag-2.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 253
  • OT-flag-3.jpg
    OT-flag-3.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 251
  • OT-flag-4.jpg
    OT-flag-4.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 250
Elsie.jpgElsie-Lc.jpgHi Benson,
Thank you for the information, see attaced photos of Old Town Lap-Strake Runabout.
Yes, I am interested in the Carleton deck plate replication, I will contact you soon.

Thanks again,
Dave

No interior photos, but I could send you some next weekend if needed, the interior is not 100% restored in regards to the finish, meaning most of the frames aft the cover of the deck have darkened, and the interior below the turn of the bilge is an oiled finish.
However all of the seats, floor boards, knees, and inner transom have been refinished.
This boat is a well maintained vintage driver, let me know if you would like to see more photos.

Back