Birthday Present Prayer

That nicely-restored Yankee may, at one time, have needed as much help as this other Yankee, which just went off-auction: 170319624493. While it's a great deal handier if a fully-restored canoe walks into your life, one that needs help might come your way if you get the word out that you're interested in old wood/canvas canoes. There are a bunch of folks here, eager to encourage and assist another who has "gotten the bug" to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

Kathy

Accepting all canoes, free storage

My barn is 96 feet long, 48 feet wide and 40 feet tall with racks going all the way up (old tobacco barn, built for volume, the evil weed is hung on sticks, 4 feet between levels)

Anyone who wants to store their canoe is welcome. :D Will have to share space with my one plastic canoe and my two "project" w/c canoes.

If you're

really serious about that Yankee I can pick it up for you and store it in my barn untill you come to the Empire State to get it. I live about an hour or so away. If you want a project Yankee I have one of those too.

Jim Clearwater

Thanks for the kind offer but I don't see myself getting up that way. My wife, my kids, my grandkids keep me too busy.

Back