Beautiful Day in the UP

woodcanoenut

1914 Old Town Charles River
Hi Everyone

John and I paddled a small portion of Lake Independance this morning.
Winds were fairly calm. John caught a 23" Pike in our 15' red cedar canoe.
It was awesome watching John pulling in the fish (with no net!) . He battled with it for awhile to tire it out. Then we paddled two hours on the Iron River. Very nice trip! We went out 30 yards or so just to say we paddled in Lake Superior! Haven't had many nice days in the U.P. So today is great. Don the camper next gave us some walley fillets and that will be our supper! Can't wait for the Assembly! See you all then.
John and Wendy Kimpel

Which Iron?

Hi Wendy. which Iron R were you on? roxie and I did the Big Iron in Silver City the begining of May. The current and very strong offshore winds blew us way out. When we turned around to look we were quite a ways offshore. Well, perhaps a third of a mile. The Porkies were awesome.

John and Wendy,
If you are still up at Big Bay give us a call and come visit. Kathy and I are about six miles South of Marquette. I'm in the phone book- Denis Kallery.
Denis

Dave and Denis

We paddled a small river called the Iron river emptying out of Lake Independance going to LakeSuperior. At Big Bay Michigan. We are staying
at Perkins Park Campground. They are having a canoe show here Sat and Sun put on by Big Bay Outfitters, They would like to see more old canoes.
Ron and Henrietta Pellinen from the Soo will be here as will John Hilton
witth some paddles. Hope the weather stays nice. Denis, if we get to
Marquette we will call. Come on up Sat and visit with us.
Wendy

Dave and Denis

We paddled a small river called the Iron river emptying out of Lake Independance going to LakeSuperior. At Big Bay Michigan. We are staying
at Perkins Park Campground. They are having a canoe show here Sat and Sun put on by Big Bay Outfitters, They would like to see more old canoes.
Ron and Henrietta Pellinen from the Soo will be here as well John Hilton
with some paddles. Hope the weather stays nice. Denis, if we get to
Marquette we will call. Come on up Sat and visit with us.
Wendy

I see

I should have known Lake Independence. It's about eight hours from me. the Iron River I paddled is on the west side of Kewenaw.

Back