Ahhhhhhh, new skin!

chris pearson

Michigan Canoe Nut
If you listen real hard, put your ear up to an old canoe getting a new skin. I did and I swear I heard it say "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that feels great". Yes thats Dave McDaniel helping, ok I was helping him, putting the new #10 on her.

sorry....pictures

Forgot to upload the photos....

Attachments

• 100_3143.JPG
    100_3143.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 100_3144.JPG
    100_3144.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_6140.JPG
    100_6140.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 355
  • Copy of 100_6124.JPG
    Copy of 100_6124.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 357
And there'll be more "aahhhhhs" when she feels water against that new skin! Looks like fun, getting even closer to being able to use her, as the season changes to canoe-time!

Kathy

Ahhhhhhh is right!

Now to sew some mitts:p

Attachments

• P1160144.jpg
    P1160144.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 281
  • P1160143.jpg
    P1160143.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 268
Mitts

Yeah Andre, where were you with those mitts? We are all done with the filling..:D

Attachments

• Ogilvy fillEdit.jpg
    Ogilvy fillEdit.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 281
Shapely

That is that Morris from awhile back. It is motivation to get a few projects done that are ahead of it.

What are all those forms in your photos?!! That and what did you put canvas on?

would you believe I dont sleep any more? just build full time;)
nah, thats Dick's shop in Buckhorn, it was 17 degrees (62F) today, made for a nice 2hour drive. Cant really call it a Northern Lakes event, it was over so quickly! I hear you on the projects, I will almost have 3 done at once so I can move on to my IC and courting canoe. Put canvas back on my CCC model 50, it got loose on the trailer and punctured itself.

If you listen real hard, put your ear up to an old canoe getting a new skin. I did and I swear I heard it say "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that feels great". Yes thats Dave McDaniel helping, ok I was helping him, putting the new #10 on her.

Brightly lighted shop - indoors no less -, helper, rightsideup method - man you guys are living the life of Riley.

Day off well used...

Okay Chris, see ya in NH...

Attachments

• P1160336.jpg
    P1160336.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 227
  • P1160335.jpg
    P1160335.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 242
Bat Sign

Heck, just put out a call for help and the mits will come running, although you are at the far reaches of the colonies!

The Ogilvy is quietly drying in the early April warmth among the crocuses.

Fitz since you made the trek to Barron Canyon, I expect you'll do the extra 2 hours and come to the shores of beautiful Georgian Bay next fall for the Killbear Paddlers Rendezvous with a sailing rig. What colour will you be doing the Ogilvy?
Chris, you cant have that far to go - I've still got to cane both seats, and rip the gunwales and bend 'em on after the paints done in a few weeks...

4th try to bend my stern seat, D shaped for the White. Mine was in pcs and clad in aluminum to hold it together. Do you not put on the outwales on a closed gunwale until the paint is done? Or do you put it on and cut into the outwale with a coat or two of paint to seal it?

Attachments

• seat-ash.JPG
    seat-ash.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 217
wow kickass bend... its an open gunwale, but I've still got to make them, found a 20' 2x10 at the lumber yard with 4" clear the entire length as i wanted to put spruce back on it - gotta love a yard that lets you sort the pile.

Back