1900 B. N. Morris Canoe

Bill,
Honestly, I can't remember where I got the canoe from not that it matters. I took this photo of it 10 years ago and I can't even remember who I sold it to. I'm either getting too old, or I've dealt with too many canoes over the years. I did know it was a Veazie-Morris when I sold it and I had notified Kathy of the serial number. It did have some really nice spray foam for flotation with the glassed over decks.
Zack
To confirm, that serial number was recorded as a Veazie in Kathy's list.
It was reported by Zack and recorded as "concave curve decks, rect stem, mahog decks, maple seat, thwart. "
With the images from this thread we can see that the canoe actually has what I would call the "keyhole" decks, the earlier style deck common with the Veazie short deck boats.
SN 419 makes this the second lowest recorded Veazie SN... Howie owns SN 320, the only Veazie tagged long deck.
A Veazie currently offered on FB marketplace has what is considered to be the highest reported Veazie SN, number 1101.
It would be helpful to learn how many are present on this one. I would update the record for that canoe if this is shared.

Last edited:
Back