Rushton Indian Girl outwales, one piece?

Fitz,

Yeah, you would probably have to give up your first born son along with all the paperwork, maybe even have to write an environmental impact statement to boot ! !:eek:: Too bad though if it is a good log. If you ask NPS if all the wood salvage goes to the contractor cutting & removing it, you might cut a deal with the contractor avoiding all the govt. red tape and then you get to keep Brendan!!! Might get cost prohibitive though but then again it might be worth looking into. Never know until you ask.

Ed

mine is an Inc. canoe. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Not to worry.
Collecting old canoes is an awful lot like discovering good scotch whiskey, and then better scotch whiskey, and then even better scotch whiskey to the point where your habit is no longer affordable or the stuff that you like is down to three drops and no longer available until someone finds one more barrel somewhere. When you get to that stage about the only thing left is to admit that you have become a scotch snob and either reset your standards or stop...hm, sounds all too familiar. Perhaps drinking red wine might make a better example. Nah, how about good coffee?
Anyway, there are lot's of folks that would give their eye teeth to get one that is in such nice shape as yours.
They are still infinitely less available than most W&C canoes and quite well built, not to mention over 100 years old...
Fix it up and paddle it.
They are a real treat under paddle...quicker than a Morris too (IMHO).

Back