Where Canoes Live

Treewater

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
I don't know where everyone's canoes live when they are out of the water but here's my shelter for homeless canoes, 15 or 20 I guess.
the metal sided shed was the winter project and as you see, it is much re-cycled wood. it's a simple pole barn. The foof extends to save on siding. Length is 22 ft. Main bay 22 x 12. side bays 22 x 6. this frees up the shop for work. attics on both can store about store about six canoes each. As long as I resist the next "gotta have" impulse I will have space for the car as well. IMG_2322.JPGIMG_2323.JPGIMG_2325.JPGIMG_2326.JPGIMG_2324.JPG

Nice shed,

I have plans/intentions to build a 22x30 "shed" to house my toys, with slots for 25 canoes and the runabout down the middle, and maybe the camper on one side in front of some canoes. (it's packed tight.)

I've collected most of the struture materials, and have had 80 yds of fill put in, but don't have the $$ for the siding so until I do, it's on hold, as the City has a time limit on build times on permits.

Maybe next summer.

Dan

Yes, I determined an 8ft interior wall stacks 4 canoes easily. it take 33 to 36 inches away from the wall to hang them. since you need at least 3 ft to carry them out I decided to make the interior width 12 ft, (less 4 x 4's its actually 11' 5") ao that space in the center takes a car, or tailer, nicely. Length has to be at least 20 ft. I made it 22, and that of course is actually 21'5". Using 4 ft over hang on the roof outside hangs two more canoes each side so without using the attic I can house 12 canoes plus whatever in the middle. IMG_2323.JPG

Cost wise, that is $360 for roofing on one side, recycled roofing on the other. New wood about $200 so all up, the shed is under $600. IMG_2328.JPG

Good work.

I can only wish. :)
I have 1150 in site prep alone, mostly fill.
With another 500 in getting used materials.
My big score was getting a batch of FREE trusses, just had to pay gas and trailer rental to get them.

My problem is I figure about 1100 for metal for the roof and sides, plus fasteners, trim, and misc.
I keep looking for used metal, and there's a lot of it, but the owners usually want 75% of new for it.

Dan

Back