What we've been up to

Dave Wermuth

Who hid my paddle?
It's been slow around here so I thought I'd report on what we've been up to on Saturday mornings this summer.

My church will be having a wild game dinner in March. One of the door prizes will be a 16' Pond Hawk w/c. About twenty different guys at various times have taken part in the construction process. We have also been video recording the process. The winner gets a video.
This Saturday we will sand and prime and also whittle on the paddles a bit. That's after I take a kid goose hunting.

Here's a photo.

Attachments

• 201_1815.jpg
    201_1815.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 391
We've Been Up to Stuff, Too...

Denis would rather be up to working on the barn, but at this moment he can't even get up to the bathroom.

You know it's bad when the stoic man says, "let's go to the ER."

You know they probably won't be sending him home with a pain med prescription when the ER doctor says (after looking at the ultrasound), "I've never seen a gall bladder that big."

You know it wasn't "band-aid surgery" when the surgeon says, "I had to make a larger incision because the stones were the size of golf balls."

Meanwhile, the weatherman says this weekend may be "the last hurrah of fall"... :(

Anyway... if you don't see his posts here for a while, this is the reason. Will keep "yous" (a saying here in the Upper Peninsula of MI) updated re Den's progress.

Kathy

Get well Denis

Hey Kathy, tell Denis I said get well soon. Rox had her gall bladder out and it's not all that simple. If only he knew a nice nurse. Oh, he does. Take care, both of yous.

I'll be flying through on 11/13/08 but won't have time to slow down. But I'll wave and think of you.

will wave back

Denis is better today... getting better pain relief... and the dr gave him one of the gall stones as a souvenir--- it's more than twice the size of a golf ball. Rather incredible. There were three that size, so now Denis is a bit thinner and weighs less.

He says "hi" to everybody.

Kathy

wow

My wife had hers out with keyhole surgery but I understand the traditional method is invasive and a tough slog to recover from.
Get well soon Denis, its a relief to not fear attacks when all is said and done.
Kathy, where's the pictures? (just kidding)

Kathy,

It seems he has been going to great lengths to avoid work this year, doesn't it?

Tell him to get well soon, it'll take a bunch of wood to keep that shop warm this winter.

Back