Thompson Decal

Pam Wedd

Wood canvas canoe builder
A couple weeks back Dave Mcdaniels came up to Parry Sound On to join in the Paddlers' Rendezvous at Kilbear Park. it was a lovely time, great weather on the Saturday, good fish fry.
Then Dave came back and stayed over with us for another night. Next day we had Randy and Theresa, more folks from Michigan who were at the Rendezvous, drop by. So of course we had to have the shop tour and go upstairs into the loft to see my odd collection of old canoes.
Well, didn't Dave check out my old Thompson and find out it is from New York and had a reasonable decal left on the stern deck. I guess there had been a thread a while back about looking for this decal. Dave was pretty surprised there was one hidden up in the wilds of Canada.
I took some shots but didn't get much of any good. A photographer friend came by this week, took some more pics, and did here magic on the computer.
So I will hopefully figure out how to attach it here.
I hope it helps out those folks who were searching earlier.
So i have attached two files - the first one was a bigger file than was allowed, so not sure how it will turn out. The second one, is the same thing, but just a smaller file size.

Pam

Attachments

• t-2.jpg
    t-2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 228
  • t-2-1.jpg
    t-2-1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 222
hmm, i guess the second picture was just a close up of a portion of the decal. Chris wondered if there was some extra text in that corner I think.
Pam

Back