Smashed Wood/Canvas Canoe

Murat is very talented, someone at the auction in NH took home a wonderful paddle with an extensive woodburning of (if memory serves) a kestrel, which he graciously donated. Hopefully we can get him to an assembly or other fuction with some of his work...

confession: I turned member Skip Gibson down yesterday. He brought over a Carlton that someone backed into and crushed. Looked like they really rammed it with a very big car. I had too much on my plate already. It was corkscrewed to boot. I hated to say no. Skip, on the other hand was very gracious. The brass tag was in perfect condition tho.

That is a great photo that Murat found....amazing that such a broken up canoe could still be paddled....or at least floated....not sure you could do the same with a synthetic canoe....of course as pointed out in The Wood & Canvas Canoe you can rebuild/restore a wood canvas canoe from just one rib....or at least this canoe would make a fine offering to the fire gods at Killbear LOL LOL....something you can't say about a synthetic canoe....

Murat has one of the best online canoeing/paddling related sites....his blog is always interesting....especially when it highlights his incredible paddles....Murat is a true artist and craftsman....

Back