SERIAL # Search

Your canoe is a Peterborough Canoe Company model 1492 Low-End Champlain. It was first offered in 1942-1943 and continued to be offered until the factory closed in the 1960s.

Canoe Id

Thanks for your quick identification

The canoe belonged to a friend who died a couple of years ago.
His wife gave the canoe to a good home.
I recently cleaned and linseed/turentine oiled the interior.
The canoe will be hung in our house.

10' Peterborough Canoe SAILING DINGY!!! Help!!!

Greetings,

I just found an old Peterborough Canoe SAILING DINGY in the attic of a boathouse built in the 1920s.

It's ten and a half feet long, rowboat shaped with a pointy bow and the flat transom of a rowboat.

It has a working mast which rests in the bow, all wooden and brass, a removable keel that goes right through the hull in a tall, elongated wooded compartment that prevents water seeping into the boat, and an even more spectacular wooden and brass tiller that is to die for! I am tempted to hang it up on my dining room wall it's so beautiful. The two original Peterborough Canoe oars are also included, both with their original decals.

So here is my question, how old is it and what do I do with it? I collect boats, but ones with outboards... the girls I date don't usually like to row!

The serial number on the bow is stamped into a brass plate and states it's a Peterborough PAL and tells me it's serial number 152 and model number 7450.

Any thoughts on this boat would be tremendously appreciated.

It's a beauty, the woodwork is beautiful. The finish in spots could be redone, but I'm NOT touching it. patina of this nature is too beautiful to try and improve upon.

If anyone has anything to offer, please drop me a note at the following email.

Jeff @ soundx@mts.net in Winnipeg, Manitoba

Thanks!

Back