Peterborough Canoe (1960-1963?)

ogilvie

Ogilvie
Peterborough Canoe (1960-1963?) [pics]

I have a canoe that someone may be interested in. If you curious, please check out the pics here: http://www.vupx.com/px/canoe

3.jpg

Thanks,
Neil

Last edited:
Hi Neil,

Could you please post some details for us?

Length, width, serial number?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
stephantheman said:
Hi Neil,

Length, width, serial number, any damage, location of the canoe and how much you're asking for it?

Thanks!

I'm actually at work right now, but as soon as I'm at home tonight, I'll do some measuring up and post any info about the canoe (ie. damage/details). I can probably even take a couple more recent photos and post them as well.

stephantheman said:
Hi Neil,

Length, width, serial number, any damage, location of the canoe and how much you're asking for it?

Thanks!

____

Peterborough Canoe Co.
LENGTH: 12 FEET
WIDTH AT CENTER THWART: 30 INCHES

That's it for now. I'll check for a serial number tomorrow. The day got away from me....

For sale posts are not permitted on these forums. Feel free to discuss the canoe without discussing sale terms here. For sale posts belong in our classifieds at http://classifieds.wcha.org. The cost is free for WCHA members and a measly $10 for non-members.

As it turns out, I will likely keep this canoe and restore it myself. I'd like get some input from the many experienced members on this site as I continue this project.

Thanks.

Well that was a quick change of heart, Neil! Was it the Andy Capp mascot on the side that did it for ya, or have you been perusing shots of lovely, restored examples?

Either way, good luck - and consider joining the WCHA - I did so about a week after bringing home my old OTCA, and I feel it's already paid off in the wonderful articles I've been reading in the Wooden Canoe Journal.

Change 'o heart...

I had my father-in-law over last night, and we were talking about my canoe. He offered to provide a workshop that I can use to store and work on it. It should be a good summer project (that I'm sure will go beyond the summer).

I've gone back and forth several times on the issue over the years. It's hard to give up a good quality canoe. I'm always willing to entertain offers (and I know this isn't the place to do that), but for now, that's where I lie.

Thanks, I'll definitely consider joining.

PS - My grandfather painted Andy Capp on the side of the canoe, so even that part has history.

Serial # Found

Hey all,

I found the serial number. 7228 1446. Can anyone tell me more about this? I'm going to post in the serial number thread too.

Thanks,
N

Canoe Parts

I've decanvassed my canoe and am looking to find out where I could go to buy parts (canvas, stems, gunwales, etc).

I live just east of Toronto, ONTARIO Canada. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back