Paint Pattern Resource

oldboatoldgoat

Soon to be CANOE-A-HOLIC
Paint Pattern Resource - WANTED

Is there a good book or something that shows various paint pattern samples? I thought I saw on here at one time a chart that had some of the Old Town patterns. Can't seem to find it anymore either. Must be starting to get older....:D

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
You may be thinking of the Old Town designs-- there's a poster available in the WCHA Store similar to what I've attached-- there are actually more OT designs than this, and if your canoe is something other than an Old Town or Carlton, we can maybe dig up some other options.

What did you have in mind?

I'll post a picture of some canoes at the last Assembly too...

Kathy

Attachments

• ot designs half size.jpg
    ot designs half size.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 290
  • wcha assem3.jpg
    wcha assem3.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 269
Well thanks for the quick response.

I am planning things out for the below attached. I understand it was originally Brite Red with a pointed something ??? dark blue stripe....

Trying to get the idea of how the stripe looked and what the ?????something dark blue stripe means.

I surely don't want to keep it as I found it. I think the original colors are much more eye appealing.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• 46998.GIF
    46998.GIF
    154.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 20060729_0597.jpg
    20060729_0597.jpg
    553.7 KB · Views: 286
Boy... looks like "pointed perma dark blue stripe" to me, but that doesn't make sense... maybe someone else can decipher that. I've attached a pointed design though...

Attachments

• ot designa.jpg
    ot designa.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 249
I know.....hard to translate Oldtownese....I was thinking Pursia but the lettering does not follow the other spellings. Hmmmm:rolleyes:, someone on here can probably help to figure it out.

As for the "pointed stripe"

Is the 2" mentioned the stripe width or the width of the point and stripe width being smaller?:confused:

Thanks for your efforts and time.

Mike

Last edited:
Hi Mike--

Two inches would be the width of the stripe, and perhaps they mean it simply comes to a point at the end. There are Old Town designs that end in oak leaves or "Greek ends", so perhaps they mean the stripe ends gradually with a point.

Kathy

Fitz,
Thanks that's what I had seen before and just could not remember where I found it.

Kathy,

I'd like to see how the Oak Leaves look....any pictures of such? (I know there are):D

When you refer to the Greek....do you mean the box looking ends?

Sorry for my ignorance in advance.:eek:

Regards,
Mike

If you look at the Old Town chart, the oak leaf ends are shown 6 rows down and second from the right. Greek ends are on the canoe 3 rows down and 2nd from left (yeah, it's the boxy ends you have in mind). If you can't get a good enough look, let me know and I'll find something with higher resolution.

Back