Old Town rub rail

chris pearson

Michigan Canoe Nut
I have to replace a rub rail on my Old Town. Can someone post a good detail of one towards the end of the canoe, say the last foot? My rub rail was badly rotted and I cant tell how far it goes. I assume it's just shy of the end due to some radius on the end of the canoe. I also see that a screw got applied on the ends from the outside into the stem? Or just the last rib? Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

• Molitor.jpg
    Molitor.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Rub Rail

Chris,

Haven't got a photo for you but the rub rail on my 18' OT Guide with no outside stem ends right at the canvas fold and flush with the edge of the stem band where it contacts the canvas.

Ed

Chris I have a 1938 old town hw aa grade sponsoned canoe my rub rail ran from stem band over the sponson to the other stem band . It also was rotted at the ends by the stem bands. I am trying the epoxy and sawdust method to build the tips up with out replacing the whole rub rail all18 ft of it good luck with yours Jon K.

Thanks guys, I thought maybe it would end just shy of the stem bands due to the radius of the end of the canoe profile.

Back