sean.douglas

Greetings I have a strange one
the serial number is 1198 1448
I think it is an Old Town - but it need some work
This boat has been in many garages for many years

Any help would be great

Thanks
Sean

The number sounds like a Peterborough number. You might have model number 1448 which would be a 15' long canoe with a 36" beam. This model was known as the "Bunny" - great name for a smaller canoe! The Bunny is among a line of canoes they produced called Lightweight or Trapper's canoes. This particular model was offered in catalogs from sometime post-1938 until 1955.

Thanks, That is what I thought - I think I was on This forum 10 years ago with the same question.
I obviously didn't get that far with this project. I am going to try and sell it to someone that has the time and wants a nice canoe

From what I can tell the carne was made in 1941? Based on woodencanoemuseum.org webpages for Peterborough Canoes?

I was going from my notes and memory on the date range, but I just went to Dan's Wooden Canoe Museum and see what you're seeing (1941). I believe Dan's dates and date ranges there are based upon data from existing catalogs, but not all catalogs were available at least at the time he collected all of that information (LOTS of it!). So I think 1941 means that it was listed in an available 1941 catalog (but could also be listed in other catalogs that may have been unavailable to Dan when he built his table); my notes indicate that either it was offered until or through 1955, or maybe it simply wasn't listed in a 1956 catalog. I'm away from my catalogs right now, but at least you know that it's from somewhere in the 40s/50s. Perhaps Dan or someone else will chime in; if not I'll see what I have when I get back to my catalogs. Re selling, you'll probably find that a restorable 15' Pete will be appreciated by people out there.

Back