Old Town #127456 - 16

RkyMtnMan

I just acquired what I believe to be a 16-foot Old Town "Yankee" from the late 1930s as a restoration candidate.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone with access to the build-sheet archives could look this one up for me and share the result.

This will be my first Old Town restoration. If I get further into it I'll likely drop the $100 for the disks myself, but to date I just can't justify the expense.

My gratitude in advance to anyone with the time, the resources and the inclination.

Best,

Bill

P.S. - I did just purchase a first-time WCHA membership in order to support projects like the archive. Keep up the good work.

Attachments

• 161204_112050_1551.jpg
    161204_112050_1551.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Welcome to the WCHA. The build record information for this canoe is available at http://forums.wcha.org/showthread.php?14532 from a previous request. Feel free to reply here or there if you have any other questions. Good luck with the restoration,

Benson

Fantatic! Thanks.

It hadn't even occurred to me that someone else might have recently asked about the same boat.

Yes, it's pretty rough. I very nearly didn't take it, thinking it too far gone. But I'd like to try, for the learning experience and to prepare me for the next/better restoration candidate that I might find, if nothing else.

Back