Old Town 118445 17

Knight63

Hello! I’m looking at buying an Old Town with serial number: 118445 17. I would appreciate any information on it!

I’m currently deciding between the above canoe (whatever model it is) and an Old Town Yankee. Old Towns are new to me. I’m trying to find one that is a nice compromise of speed and stability. My main intended use is for camping along both rivers and open lakes. There is little chance of being in any kind of rapids. It would just be myself and my dog. I’ve got a 23 foot canoe and a couple of 13 footers. I’d like something in between. Any advice would be welcomed!

Welcome, the Old Town canoe with serial number 118445 is a 16 foot long Yankee model so that isn't a good match. Can you provide pictures of the serial numbers from both ends? The tips at the link below may help if the numbers are hard to read. The Yankee model is 36 inches wide which should be reasonably stable. A longer canoe will usually be faster. Small boats are very personal so I would encourage you to test paddle any model before you buy it. Good luck,

Benson

Last edited:
Back