Old canoe needs lots of help 3011 16

exedman

Hi all....

Have an old canoe I purchase a year ago and am considering restoring it.

Serial numbers on inside stem 3011 16

I would appreciate any help.....

Take care,

John(Exedman)

IF it's an Old Town (and it may or may not be), that's a really low (early) serial number. I'm not sure if the scanned recoreds that people have go back into 4-digit land. Take a close look in good light, and with side-lighting, make sure there are no more digits in front of the 3... Check both stems, as the SN may be easier to read on one end than the other. The older the canoe is, the harder it is to read the SN...

Hi again.....

Unless other numbers are way back on the stem, there are only four numbers(3011)plus 16 on both stems.

old canoe photos 3011   16003.jpgold canoe photos 3011   16001.jpgold canoe photos 3011   16006.jpgold canoe photos 3011   16002.jpg

Hope these photos help. The canoe is located on a stairway and is difficult to get at.

Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Take care,

John

There are no known records for the Old Town or Carleton with serial number 3011. Kennebec used this serial number on a 17 foot long canoe and a 14 foot long boat so it probably isn't one of those. The curved bow carry thwarts look like a Carleton and the deck cutouts look like an Old Town as Gil mentioned. It has clearly had repairs over the years so you may never know who made it originally. Sorry,

Benson

Back