More Tea Vicar Day 3

Nick Dennis

WCHA UK
It was off to the mayhem of Henley Upon Thames on the Sunday Sam and I tried out each others Chestnuts as we were early risers.

DSC_5964.jpeg

DSC_5974.jpeg

DSC_5979.jpeg

Eventually all assembled and we shot downstream to Marsh Lock, squeezed in amongst the cruisers and then paddled through Henley. There was a small regatta on with races so we stopped at the end of the course, turned around and tied up by the Angel PH where we had the best ice cream in the area,
DSC_5985.jpeg

DSC_5988.jpeg

DSC_5991.jpeg

DSC_5997.jpeg

DSC_5996.jpeg

Paddling back into the breeze Maddy and Izzy took cover

DSC_6004.jpeg

We made it back in time for a very welcome roast lunch wine and some third rate cake baked by charlotte who was gutted that her Coronation cake had only made third place in the local show. It tasted fine to us!

IMG_3231.jpeg

So that's it. A great weekend. Massive thanks to Delia and Roger for hosting us. To Delia and Charlotte for the exceptional catering ( i would personally appeal the 3rd place on the cake!) and most importantly, to the WCHA members who came. I will start planning the next outing. Watch this space.

Nick

Nick,
Your definition of mayhem in locks is quite different from mine...

This is Lock and Paddle 2023 last Saturday where they fill the Peterborough Lift Lock with as many watercraft as possible.
403 Canoes and kayaks- 600 plus paddlers in total. Probably 8 to one kayaks over canoes but a few cedar strips and at least 2 Chestnuts in the mix.

Cheers!
Bruce

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Thats us.jpg
    Thats us.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 68
Back