Lost/stolen canoe

Pam Wedd

Wood canvas canoe builder
A blue 15 ft Bearwood canoe, serial # QDH SH001 M97A, was lost/stolen approximately Aug 10 from the Parry Sound Area. Bright blue, dacron covered. If anyone sees or hears of its whereabouts please let me know.
thanks.
Pam
bearwood@vianet.ca

Pam - Could you expand on the last known location - not a familiar name to us rednecks here in Texas. Is it up in one of them puny yankee states or out in the middle west somewheres? :)

Eric

Pam - Could you expand on the last known location - not a familiar name to us rednecks here in Texas. Is it up in one of them puny yankee states or out in the middle west somewheres? :)

Eric

Good Grief!!!!!

Parry Sound. Bobby Orr's home town.
You hit the brakes in Barrie and slide the rest of the way.

Yeah I heard of that feller Booby Orr - used to sell baked beans on TV up in Boston somewhere. Used to like going out when the pond was froze over chasing some dang piece of rubber round with a stick. Don't know if he can sing or not.

I'm thinkin that it werent Bobby that took your canoe.......he wouldn't been able to paddle far with that bent stick fer a paddle

Thanks guys. you are being a big help!!!
Just keep a look out for the canoe will you??
Pam

Pam, besides ebay and Kijiji I'll keep an eye out locally, I've got the serial # in my wallet if I run across one of your boats. Any more particulars, woods used or features etc?

Pam, besides ebay and Kijiji I'll keep an eye out locally,

It might also be worthwhile posting a note at the Paddling.net site.
http://www.paddling.net/message/

I once had a canoe and a kayak stolen. Years ago I lost a really fine Otca. The Otca was never found. I got the kayak back. The kayak was stolen, used and left abandoned. From that experience I presume that anyone that would steal a wooden canoe is aware of the value and has some plan for disposition of it.
That said, the internet and user groups of aware paddlers may help the very small odds of a return.

Thought I'd posted this before but have posted this message on several online forums plus on my blog....hope that helps and you find canoe Pam

Back