Linkanoe

phildib

Hello, I recently picked up a linkanoe in good condition with all the parts required for assembly. I am trying to figure out how much it is worth, as well as what companies, or antique dealers might be interseted in buying the canoe from me. I am hoping to find maybe a smaller antique based selling website, (smaller than craigslist/ebay) in order to post the linkanoe up for sale. If anyone has any suggestions to what I should do, or the average price of the linkanoe, that would help me greatly. Thank you very much.

Re:linkanoes

I don't claim to be an expert but I know a little bit about Linkanoes, and have one. Exactly what 'good condition' is might be up for interpretation. Mine has considerable corrosion to the metal fittings & latches. The wood is generally OK, but a previous owner 'reinforced' the corners by adding metal held in with bolts. The decal on the bow plate is still pretty good and bright colored. There is original canvas underneath the two seats, but the original skin is gone, replaced by something home-made from vinyl. But my linkanoe can be used. Although I do not follow EBAY closely, I believe at least three linkanoes have been sold there over the last 2-3 years, and typically in the $500/600 range. Tom McCloud

Back