J H Rushton canvas cedar canoe (IG)

woodtinker

Hi,
I'am new at this so please bear with me.I have a J H Rushton canoe I got not knowing what it was besides an old canoe.I thought it was in pretty good shape for an old canoe,maybe 40 or 50 years old .What do I know about old canoes. Then I saw the stamp on the inside keel.Did a little checking and found it to be from ,as near as I could see , was from around "1906" .I'am a fisherman not a collector so I just thought it would be a waste to beat it up just to fish like I do.
So I would like to sell it to someone that knows what it is. I really don't know what it is worth ,so don't ask me what I want for it because I will tell you something like $5000So what is it worth to you?You can't really make an offer with out actually seeing it .I would like to show you when ever you would like.I was getting ready to canvas it ,but I stopped before I did something wrong.

Attachments

• right side rear full.jpg
    right side rear full.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 285
  • front deck.jpg
    front deck.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 236
This looks like a nice canoe, BUT

You should probably place a classified ad -- scroll down to the lower part of the forums, where there is guidance on how to place an ad (free to members)

AND

It would be useful to know where the canoe is locatec.

Hi Greg,
Thanks for the info on how to post . As for the location, I thought I would tell whoever answered the add when I got their response.Maybe thats not the way to do it.But any how, I'm in upstate New York .Blossvale 13308
Sal

Back