I'm back

Treewater

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
Been gone several years. I'm back to sell most of my collection. I see a lot of boats in the classifieds. And the renewal fee for membership seems to have gone down. I hope you all keep going. I don't know how to attract the younger generation. Seems a shame. I've enjoyed a lot of trips in old wooden boats and just as much enjoyment rebuilding them. I'm not suicidal but my fantasy when I fade away from cancer is to lay down in a wood canoe in some far off and deserted Ontario lake. With my last breath I'll push the emergency signal so the kids can bury me. Or maybe if I just stay in the boat the bears or fish will take me. :)

Welcome back. You have been noticeably absent as have a few other "regulars. I happened to be reading an old thread the other day that reminded me of names that haven't been popping up anymore. For each, I was wondering what they might be up to.
I don't know if you saw this recent thread. You are not alone in making tough choices. It's interesting to see the range of thoughts, from quasi clinical to say la vie..

For my part, I plan to have the last laugh and have left a request for my sons to scatter my ashes on Mud Pond Carry...hopefully on a day following a good rain that will properly "juice it up".

Welcome back, good luck with the canoes.
My sailing friend and I have a deal to help each other aboard the boats, set sail and head east when the time comes.

Sorry to learn of the cancer. Mine was a cardiac pause. 30 seconds and then 17 seconds. I flatlined. Makes one think about things when one is not really dead but mostly dead. I plan onbeing around a long time....

Back