Hi from south west Iowa.

Dr Dean

I thought I should tell a bit about myself so here goes. By profession I'm a farm equipment mechanic for a CaseIH dealer, I specalize in electrical systems but really work on anything we sell. For hobbies I have been spending alot of time with antique farm machinery and blacksmithing lately. In the past I did quite a bit of woodworking and always have wanted a strip canoe. This winter after my shop is done I plan on building a boat with my daughters mainly to get my feet wet and gain experience.

Welcome! You'll find no shortage of expertise here to help you along the building process, though I will warn you, it's addicting. One is never enough. Remember that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask... and pictures are always good!

Ya gotta admire someone who starts off with no illusions. Welcome Dr Dean.:rolleyes:

That pun was not intentional! However I just can't stand it when people scrape the bottom of the canoe on the shore just so they can stay dry. Maybe I should have said to gain some experience. Thanks for pointing out that I needed to laugh at myself.

Back