Details of Rushton Indian Girl floor rack/grate?

H.E. Pennypacker

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Does anyone have an Indian Girl with floor rack? Pics good, dimensions even better. Catalog says button at each end. Any in the middle??? Thanks for any information.

Our IG is 15'. The six runners are ash,7/8x5/16, the five cross pieces appear to be cedar, 7/8x3/8. The floor button is screwed into the stem & the rack runs past the stems 1 1/2". The cross pieces extend past the runners 3/8". The center spread of the rack is 10 1/4" on our 15 footer. Hope this is of some help.
Dave

Attachments

• floor rack 001.jpg
    floor rack 001.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 196
  • floor rack 002.jpg
    floor rack 002.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 205
  • floor rack 003.jpg
    floor rack 003.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 193
  • floor rack 004.jpg
    floor rack 004.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Rushto 1281 027.jpg
    Rushto 1281 027.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Indian Girl 056s.jpg
    Indian Girl 056s.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 200
Dave-
Thanks a bunch. Very helpful! So how are you supposed to cartop one of these with the floor rack all jiggly, dangling from the two ends? I guess you don't, at least not if you want an unbroken floor rack! Just to be clear, if there are five cross pieces, then one is in the center; your center spread is 10 1/4 inches. Is this including the extended ends of the center cross piece, or just from outside to outside of the runners? Again- thanks very much. I didn't expect such a thoroughly helpful answer!

H.E.

Dave-
So how are you supposed to cartop one of these with the floor rack all jiggly, dangling from the two ends? I guess you don't, at least not if you want an unbroken floor rack!

I lash floor racks to the underside of seats and thwarts when transporting them...

Thank you Dave for more of your detailed, useful pictures. I have only one of these toggles. If anyone wants to sell one to complete our set let us know. I might have to give up and cast some new ones. Your toggle looks a lot smoother than ours. Is it really that way, or is it more like our rough one?

Floor Toggle1.jpg

I have an extra floor button I'll send you you, courtesy of member Mark Adams. Send me a private message w/ your address.

Dan knows, we wrap & lash it to thwart & seats.

Back