Burgee Design Suggestions (sort of a contest)

Kathryn Klos

squirrel whisperer
The WCHA Store would like to offer another style of burgee-- the "swallowtail" type-- and we are open to suggestions as to how it should look. With all the talent out there (you know who you are), I'm confident we'll get some dynamite suggestions. Email your ideas to me (kathrynklos@gmail.com). No prize other than the joy of knowing you designed something people will pay money to hang on their boat.

Paddles Up and Pennants Waving
Kathy

Attachments

• burgee swallowtail.jpg
    burgee swallowtail.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 238
Good idea. I like it. Folks from Ann Arbor may not be comfortable with this one.

As a suggestion it might be nice to offer a streamer for the top of the mast on sail canoes. I couldn't find a commercially made one that suited me so I had this one made for me. It's six feet long, 4" wide tapering to a point with a grommet. Rip stop nylon. WCHA could be lettered on it also. Photo credit to Jim & Betsy Wilson.

Jim C.

Attachments

• Paul Smiths-2721.jpg
    Paul Smiths-2721.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 234
Those streamers are a beautiful thing, Jim! I'll find out if our burgee supplier can make such a thing. Would even be cool on a pole in the yard.

I vote for a streamer. Bright colors!!!

I've been casually looking for one. Just went to a town-sponsored recycle-your-stuff yard sale and found a 70's Christian Dior (la de da!) scarf that I thought I'd try out next time I sail. However I'd have to cut it up and re-sew to make a long skinny ribbon of a streamer.

Burgee material must be right

I vote for a streamer. Bright colors!!!

I've been casually looking for one. Just went to a town-sponsored recycle-your-stuff yard sale and found a 70's Christian Dior (la de da!) scarf that I thought I'd try out next time I sail. However I'd have to cut it up and re-sew to make a long skinny ribbon of a streamer.

However appropriate, cool in design, relevant in subject/print.......if the base material is not really light and begs to fly/wave/flutter in a low breeze, forget all else, as no one will ever be able and happy to see the great text, lest there be a good blow. And yes , the script should be correct on both sides, right ?

Back