Becky Mason in Bark Canoes Video

MikeCav

Restorer/Videographer
At Assembly last year, I shot some video of Becky Mason and Reid McLachlan paddling some beautiful birchbark canoes made be Steve Cayard and Ferdy Goode. I boiled down the 20+ minutes of footage, threw in some music and bird sounds and simmered for a few months. Enjoy!

PS - It looks best if you click on "Watch in High Quality" on the lower right of the viewing screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ9MV0drMbA

Thanks Mike,

Awesome video-----I missed Becky's demo that morning. I wanted to learn how Pam Wedd got her paint so flat. Fond memories. Fred

YouTube is a great venue for alerting the world to wonders... in this case, beautiful birch bark canoes and those who can make them dance on the water!
The Mason family continues to share their amazing legacy-- thanks, Mike.

Sublime!
I missed the real thing too. Thank you very much for sharing this with us all, Mike.

Rob

By the way, four hours of video on 2 DVDs are being duplucated to send to each chapter contact. It will contain a 17 minute "Flavor of Assembly" (that includes the Becky piece) and the total of all the evening presentations.

A copy of the entire set from Assembly '08 (4 hours on 2 DVDs) will be sent to each chapter in the next week or so. Ths DVD set will contain an overview of Assembly (including this Becky in Bark piece) plus the all of the evening presentations.

Disk 1 Total time 1:59:07
1. Flavor of Assembly 2008 - 16:04
2. Lakefield Canoes by Dick Persson - 48:30
3. The Canadian Canoe Museum - James Raffin - 54:33

Disk 2 Total time 1:58:08
4. Life & Times of Walter Walker - Intro by John Jennings 48:81
5. Kirk Wipper -. 32:02
6. Edwin Tappan Adney - Ted Behne 38:08

I may make additional copies available to individual members, but have not decided on price/hassle point! Keep tuned.

Youtube video didn't work at home. But I'm watching it at work.

Does her canoe have a bit of a leak problem?

Back