1972 Tremblay completed

jwil

Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes
the third project from this year has been completed and had a great run in Little Jim Pond. I chose to go traditional rather than verolite...

Attachments

• DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 419
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 382
Thanks Dave I love this little boat but am working on a early Penobscot and have an old Charles river do do after thats done.

Nicely done. I'm having a 73 Tremblay restored Traditional as well. I'm wondering if you know what model it is and if it has any of the original decals or model plates on the decks, if they do would you mind posting them so I could possibly replicate them when my canoe is finished.

Thanks what great paddlers these tremblays are. I am also interested in findind a decal to copy mine wore off and was lost over ten years ago. I seem to recall and old thread here which had some photos of them sorry that I can't send you right to it. Good luck with the quest

I posted pictures of a Tremblay decal and tag at " Tremblay canoe C, 1973 " by Danroy. A quick forum search should find it .

Thanks Dave...it seems that we three Tremblay fans seem to be crossing paths...I thought that Jim would have seen that post and didn't mention it...I'm always on the lookout for more Tremblay information, so if you fellows find more then let me know...but just out of curiosity Dave what might you be fixing up these days?

Receintly finished a 16' Chestnut Prospector, now working on a 16' Peterborough high end Champlain. Always something in the works. Have a 15' Chestnut, 15' Tremblay and 16' Chestnut Pal waiting to be restored. Should be a busy winter.

Nice looking canoe jwil. I've always been fond of the "working" canoes from that place and time.

BTW If anyone's interested, I have a brochure for "Les Canots Tremblay Canoes" from 1967 (if the date written on it is accurate) and I'd be happy to scan it for whoever might want a copy. Just PM me with your email and I'll send it along.

Thanks I did find the thread but I don't think I can reproduce that clear tag. for more tremblay stuff i know a guide here who only uses Tremblays he also is the world polling champion, he redid a 20' this year in the new verolite from Noah's and liked it. I am still glad I did traditional.

Back