Peterborough rib canoe.

jchu

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Sadly I didn't take more pictures of the original condition of the boat.

Attachments

• deb001-R1-13A.jpg
    deb001-R1-13A.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 1,153
  • deb001-R1-19A.jpg
    deb001-R1-19A.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 1,045
  • scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 1,058
  • dscn0532.jpg
    dscn0532.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,246
Last edited:
Stunning boat, hard to believe its the same one. Are the centre deck strip and coaming Walnut? Any close ups? Thats what I'd like to change mine to, looks great against the butternut and ash.

Peterborough

Gorgeous boat Jeff!

I just had another indulgent look across at the beautiful pics on your earlier posting of this boat.

Well done! I hope you're getting some time to paddle it!

Regards,

Bill Purcell

Andre, yes the coaming is walnut, no ash on the boat the rails are maple, I can take a picture and send one. What boat do you intend to put the walnut on?

Hey Bill, I think I did about 25 paddles last year, never felt more serene in my life, spring is a few days away so I'm getting excited. Going to put a few more coats of varnish on it. Didn't you get started on your second wideboard? I've thought about a canvas restore.

Cheers

Hi Jeff,

I did a fair bit on the second boat late last year. It's been stripped and is partially refinished inside, decks and outwales are almost back on. A couple of planks are repaired. I need to fill some cracks, reclench some nails, reseat the keel and stem bands, make some thwart tags, sort out the floor boards and so on.

I intend to sneak it into the board room at work for dust free final varnishing!.

regards Bill Purcell

"Blott", the sweep of the sheer on your rib canoe is fantastic. I would guess, based on the lines, that yours is much earlier? Did it have the Pete label?

Lovely canoe!

Hi Mark,

The age is really working on what I was told by the guy who I got the canoe from. He guessed it from measurements and assumed it to be a model #20

Here are a couple of more shots. She is a lovely canoe but needs to be used more. I will make a New Years resolution to get her wet more often.

Compliments of the Season. I will be over for the 2016 Assembly and look forward to meeting fellow enthusiasts.

AEphotos_AE_06Sep15_DX_9301_zps3aigas5g.jpg

AEphotos_AE_06Sep15_D3_1862_zpswnwt6g12.jpg

Attachments

• AEphotos_AE_06Sep15_DX_9301_zps3aigas5g.jpg
    AEphotos_AE_06Sep15_DX_9301_zps3aigas5g.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 456
Back