morris on craigslist

Contacted the seller for information but haven't heard back as yet--- thanks for the heads-up on this canoe. Several have come into our Morris database via ads on the internet.

Kathy

Did you see the restored Morris in NC that was just on Ebay? Didn't reach minimum, but it was a good restoration job (though replacement gunwale caps were not milled as per original). Don't think a serial number was listed, either.

NC Morris

Contacted that seller, who had very little information on the canoe. He couldn't tell me what the wood species of the trim was... couldn't find serial number plate either. The canoe had belonged to a family member who is now deceased.

sold

Seller advised it went to someone in New England - Fitz, I'm looking at you:rolleyes:
Said the makers plate was stamped 7402, 17 footer. Photos showed one end was rotted at the top.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 454
Got the same info from the seller last evening... and even mulled it over because the price wasn't bad... and then learned this morning that it was sold.

The seller measured the boat at about 16' 7", which has me thinking it's actually a 16 footer... it kinda looks like one in the picture... nice canoe, coming up on its centennial year. Hope Fitz or another WCHAer got her.

Kathy

Nope

Weren't me. Tempted though like the rest of you.

Wow

Is it possible someone outside our organization also buys these wrecks? Is there a second organization for "canoe wreck magnets" we don't know about?????:eek:

Boom House!

If you happen to be out on the Amberjejus, FH, swing by the Boom house and see Chuck. He has an old WC canoe up on the rafters above the birchbark he has out there on display...I couldnt crank my head to see it good,but someone told him they thought it was a Morris..its in tough shape but is retoreable as far as I could see.. I couldnt find a ladder to crawl up to see if it has any numbers on it . Spent the weekend living in the Boom house and fishing up the West branch./B]

After seeing the photos of that good deal in Brookfield Mass., That canoe out at the boom house on the Amberjejus Lake in Millinockett is defiinitely NOT a Morris!...It is old but now the question remains...what is it!...I will figure that out when I see a similar deck configuration!...Sorry about that!

Back