Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

Are these cool?

Discussion in 'Strippers, Stitch-n-Glue, and Other Wood Composite' started by terhohalme, Aug 22, 2010.

1. terhohalme

terhohalme New Member

2. Aljo

Aljo New Member

very cool

Hello Terho! The designs sure look nice, do you have any photos of the finished ones, as it seems that you designed & buld them. Thanks for posting the link to free plans, thats what internet is all about!

3. OP
    OP
    terhohalme

terhohalme New Member

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  4. Tom Widney

Tom Widney LOVES Wooden Canoes

Great stuff, thanks for the slide show it explains a lot.

5. Kathryn Klos

Kathryn Klos squirrel whisperer

Beautiful canoe--- simple, clean lines... love the seats and tiny decks that appear to be just a sliver of wood (reminds me of a Gerrish).

Kathy

6. Mekong

Mekong Curious about Wooden Canoes

Hi Terho,

I could not find the file in above folder, could you please post the again or share them with me.

Thanks,
    Mekong

7. OP
    OP
    terhohalme

terhohalme New Member

8. Mekong

Mekong Curious about Wooden Canoes

Dear Terho,

Thank for your quick reply.

I do not read German (I suppose the it is in German). In the website, it is listed for 990 Euro, which I believe that for the kit? I do not intend to purchase the kit from Northern Europe and ship it all the way down to SEA. I am only looking for classic plan, and if possible a free plan.

Kind Regards,
    Mekong

9. Greg Nolan

Greg Nolan enthusiast

It looks like terhohalme is a German dealer for Chesapeake Light Craft -- go to http://www.clcboats.com/ for plans and kits for the boats shown on the German site.

10. Jim Dodd

Jim Dodd LOVES Wooden Canoes

Back in the early 90s, I constructed a Wee Lassie in much the same manner.

I lofted plans from Adirondack Museum. Instead of rounding the forms like a normal stripper, I just used 1/4"x 3/4" strips that were flat edge glued to make 4" wide planks.
    I applied them to the forms the similar to the way wood canvas canoes are built, except I used staples.
    The joints were tight, and I glassed the inside and out like a stripper. Sorry I didn't take any pics. But I still have the forms.

Jim