Latest activity

• Lindemanlax
    Lindemanlax reacted to MGC's post in the thread Old Town? with Like Like.
    There is an FAQ section in this forum. One of the FAQ's speaks to the valuation of canoes. It might be worth taking a look at. One of...
  • MGC
    MGC replied to the thread Old Town?.
    There is an FAQ section in this forum. One of the FAQ's speaks to the valuation of canoes. It might be worth taking a look at. One of...
  • Lindemanlax
    Lindemanlax replied to the thread Old Town?.
    To follow-up on this boat... I drove 1 hour and 45 min. today to go look at this canoe. I'm glad I did. It's a sweet boat in need of...
  • Lindemanlax
    Lindemanlax reacted to John Sand's post in the thread Old Town? with Like Like.
    I live in Rocky Point now, grew up in Mt Sinai, have lived in Deer Park, North Babylon, Miller Place and Sound Beach. I've trained in...
  • W
    Worth Gretter reacted to patrick corry's post in the thread Fun with steam with Like Like.
    In an effort to maintain the outwale shapes while off the canoe during the priming and painting, I fashioned a frame of simple, notched...
  • Dave Wermuth
    https://www.phillips.com/detail/william-helburn/NY040320/12
  • Dave Wermuth
    Dave Wermuth reacted to patrick corry's post in the thread Fun with steam with Like Like.
    In an effort to maintain the outwale shapes while off the canoe during the priming and painting, I fashioned a frame of simple, notched...
  • C
    crosscuts replied to the thread 50 lb #108957.
    Many thanks again, Benson R.C.
  • Benson Gray
    Benson Gray replied to the thread 50 lb #108957.
    You may need to look at that serial number again since the build record for serial number 108957 shows a 17 foot long HW model that went...
  • C
    My apologies to those that do us the favor of looking up serial numbers for our treasures. I requested this some time ago but my...
  • patrick corry
    patrick corry replied to the thread Fun with steam.
    • tempImage744hDU.png
    • tempImage0OXm89.png
  • Benson Gray
    https://www.phillips.com/detail/william-helburn/NY040320/12
    • Canoe-RR.jpg
  • John Sand
    John Sand reacted to Benson Gray's post in the thread Birchbark canoe from the 1880s with Love Love.
    The Portland Museum of Art in Portland, Maine currently has a birchbark canoe from the 1880s on display as shown below. This was made...
  • T
    Tanneland replied to the thread Old Town Otca Canoe.
    Thank you so much. That is very helpful.
  • Benson Gray
    Benson Gray replied to the thread Old Town Otca Canoe.
    Welcome, the Old Town canoe with serial number 145749 is a 16 foot long, CS (Common Otca model with open spruce gunwales, ash decks, ash...
    • OTC-145749.gif
Back