Things that people are willing to trade just to own a canoe!

Shari Gnolek

Have dog, will paddle
To offset the important but more serious conversation happening at (http://wcha.org/forums/index.php?threads/promoting-wcha.16320/) about promoting WCHA and the possible decline in people interested in canoes...

... and in the spirit of the lighthearted thread showing cars and trucks wearing canoes as "hats" (http://wcha.org/forums/index.php?threads/cars-and-trucks-wearing-canoes-as-hats.4056/) ...

I am starting this thread to forever document the things that people are willing to trade just to own a canoe! :)

Submission #1: An ornery Alpaca

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-15_15-18-28.png
    upload_2019-7-15_15-18-28.png
    698.1 KB · Views: 437
All right Gil, I was afraid that wasn't enough. I'll sweeten the deal with a bunch of chipmunks and a couple red squirrels.

Well, seeing the direction this conversation is headed there might then be some interest in...

Submission #2: A backyard ceramic cooker!

... one garage space-taker-upper for another. Seems like a straightforward deal (as long as you don't own a Pelican canoe)!

upload_2019-7-16_9-47-5.png

I'm seeing a trend, so anyone who owns a lot of canoes and wants to get into raising animals may be in luck!

... though how a canoe can be lumped into the same category as a "rusty tractor" or "stuff you would find hanging on a Crackle Barrel restaurant ceiling" is beyond me. :(

Submission #3: Three Billy Goats

upload_2019-7-26_9-42-2.png

I'd trade my canoe/s for that green stuff.
Or maybe a good Lund fishing boat, or maybe a pistol or shotgun.
But looking to decrease projects and increase time having fun.

I'd trade my canoe/s for that green stuff.
shotgun.
OU/Pump/Semi or Single? 12/16/20. Smooth or rifled etc. List the canoes to start the offers.;)

It's easy to free up time if you stop mowing, splitting, stacking, whacking.....all that stuff that ends in ing.

A nice semi in 20 ga would be nice, the trouble is the only canoe on my list of "to part with" is a Willits.
I'd need a nice 16' Lund and 35 for that. Of maybe a older pontoon, that's what the wife wants.

I'm not too bad on the "ing" stuff, last year only cut the grass 4-5 times at 1 1/4 hr each time.

Hmmm...yeah that's going to be a Benelli Performance shop custom and a Weatherby 181 Deluxe and an SX4 tossed in. Not looking too promising. I don't know anyone that has those to swap.

Submission #4: A grappling dummy. Who knew?

... could also provide 50 pounds of quiet, paddling companionship if you don't feel like canoeing alone...

upload_2019-7-29_21-48-23.png

Last edited:
I rode an old loop seat saddle from around 1900 for years. It finally wore and was not really safe so I traded it for a 16 foot canoe built over on the West Coast, with wood interior and fiberglass exterior. I sold it a long time ago for $600.

Back