Serial Number 726414

I am not aware of any Langford serial number records that are available to provide additional information. The Langford Canoe contact information is available at http://langfordcanoe.com/contact/ and they may be able to provide more details. Good luck,

Benson

Thanks, this is what I was afraid of running into. Just finished a clean up of the canoe and it looks great. Just looking for more info. I bought it new in 1972 or 1973, can't remember for sure. After I saw the movie Deliverance, three of my friends and I wanted to go on an overnight canoe trip thru the New Jersey Pinelands in early spring when the water was running fast. Two each in two canoes. The other canoe rolled and luckily we were able to pull those guys out of the current before they went under. Four stupid 21 year olds!

Wow! This is great. My canoe has 1 1/2” ribs and was originally canvas covered. I redid the canvas around 1990. The literature says 1 1/2” ribs were vinyl covered and someone crossed that out. 14 foot is correct. I kind of remember it being called a Trapper but the ribs are wrong size for that. I guess it is a 14’ River Sport with canvas unless things changed at Langford in ‘73 - ‘74. The $310.00 is right, I remember that well being a lot of money for me at the time. My fiancé at the time got real mad at me for spending so much on the canoe, but I knew that if I didn’t get it before Oct. ‘73, I would never get it. Married! Thanks so much for this. Any additional info would be terrific. What boat do you have?

1972 Langford River Sport with VIN # 726414. I am sure the 72 refers to the year built, the 14 refers to the length, and I am assuming the 64 indicates that this canoe was the 64th built that year giving this canoe a unique VIN #. Canoe has been garage kept for 50 years and maintained. only change is the original triangle shaped decal is long gone so I put the anniversary bronze medallion on the bow. I recovered it back in 1990 and just redid the raw hide seats.

Attachments

• canoe1.jpg
    canoe1.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 40
  • canoe2.jpg
    canoe2.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 40
Back