MN/Western Wis paddle on the Namakagon

Dan Lindberg

Ex Wood Hoarder
Here is a message that went out last night. All are welcome.

Greetings,

I hope this belated email is not too late to convince you to join us this weekend for a paddle on the lower reaches of the Namekagon. After considerable back and forth debate, the Namekagon won out over the Cannon. Sorry Bob. But I really want to paddle the Cannon so that will wait for another time.

This Saturday we will meet at Riverside Landing on the St. Croix at 10 am. We will arrange to leave a vehicle(s?) there and then shuttle up to McDowell Bridge Landing on the Namekagon to begin our trip. We did this trip several years ago and Alex and I both remember that it was 1) a great trip and 2) easy to complete in an afternoon paddle. Alex thought we even had time to gather for a beer before the group scattered for home.

I have heard from several of you already and hope you can still make it. To be sure we don't leave before you get there, I would appreciate a heads up if you are coming. Not required, but helpful. So either email or call if you can join us.

Also, if there is anyone who wants to come but doesn't have a paddling partner, please let me know. I will try to find someone to join you or perhaps you can join one of our canoes as a third. We really want to get everyone out who wants to go.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Barry

507-822-4406

Back