Fox Valley Park District open house

bredlo

LOVES Wooden Canoes
Wanted to invite my WCHA friends to a little open house at the new headquarters of the Fox Valley Park District in Aurora, IL on December 13th.

They bought my Richardson Aquacraft a couple months ago to display in the lobby above a soaring stone fireplace; I was also hired to design a large mural for the room, too. I'll be signing prints and demonstrating my process on the 13th between 3 and 7pm (they're located on the west bank of the Fox River on Illinois St.)

If you'd rather wait until it gets warm again, I believe they're building a new boat launch as well.

Attachments

• mural.final.jpg
    mural.final.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 283
Your mural is stunning, Brad. We'd love to be there, cheering you! We will be, but only in spirit!

Kathy

Thanks all, that means a lot coming from you guys considering your knowledge of craftsmanship. Paul, we'd love to see you if it works out!

Budget and deadlines aside, I'd have loved to paint this traditionally. But at 8x16 feet, Photoshop and a meticulous printer with wide format equipment is an acceptable alternative this time around.

Most of you will have seen my link on Facebook, but I thought I'd share here as well. Everybody seemed to enjoy my contributions at the unveiling last night, and I fielded many questions and admiring comments about the Aquacraft. Despite the fact that it was built nowhere near the midwest, it looked right at home.

The canoe looks cluttered in these shots, but the ceiling is quite high, and it hangs via old frayed ropes on a 12x12 timber. The resulting feeling is National Park lodge meets cozy Michigan cabin. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bredlo/sets/72157625595022892

Back